Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Flowers, and Pearls, and Pins - Oh, My!

while back I saw the organza flowers above and thought they would make pretty fasteners for the chair sashes and napkin rings. Of course, my second thought was - I can make those! I went on Pinterest and found several tutorials. I just ordered the supplies I need to make 58 in navy and 28 in champagne. I’m going to make rings out of pearl mesh and Velcro, then hot glue the flowers on.

I was planning to use fresh flowers for the bouquets, boutonnières, and corsages, but I’ve decided to go in a different direction. 

Brooch Bouquets are all over now, and are so beautiful and glamorous! I can’t resist. Since I needed pearls for the organza flowers, I ordered enough to make a number of pearl “flower” clusters that can be used in addition to brooches for all the flower arrangements in the ceremony and reception, as well as bouquets, etc. 
Using premade handles, I’ll make champagne and navy satin  roses for the foundation and add the brooches and pearl flowers on top. My bouquet will be of champagne roses with gold/pearl and gold/navy brooches, pearl flowers, and have draped pearls like those shown above. My MOH’s bouquet will be of navy satin flowers, similar to mine, but a bit smaller & without the hanging strands.
I’ll make the boutonnieres and corsages to coordinate with the bouquets. After the organza flowers and pearl flowers are completed, I’ll get to work on the brooch picks and satin roses. 

All flower arrangements will have pearl flowers and brooch picks, so I’m going to need a lot. My calculations are:
  • Pearl flowers = 420
  • Brooch picks = 240
I’d better get to work! When I get some done I’ll post some pics.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Stars for the 4th of July

I decided to go with a theme of stars and to make my first shaker cards for the 4th. I found the small star shaker dies and the Paper Rose S...