Saturday, October 6, 2018

A Special Table: Linens


I haven't posted in over a week, so I figured I'd share some of my reception decorating plans, in particular: linens.

A good lace is such a pretty look! It fits in with my elegant/luxe theme. I’ve decided that I’d like to use a satin tablecloth with an overlay of lace with sequins & embroidery. I'm going to purchase the satin tablecloths, you can get them very inexpensively, but I'm going to make the lace overlays. One reason for that is cost. Anything I've found ready-made that I really like is prohibitively expensive. In addition, if I make 
them, I can make matching chair sashes, which you typically can't find.

The dining room we'll be in has 4' square tables which means we’ll need 14 tables in all. This makes the linen cost more expensive than if we were using larger round tables, but not having to rent the tables makes up for it.   

I can find 90" square satin tablecloths & I'll make 72" square overlays that we'll lay on the diagonal.


These are the tables & chairs.

The wood chairs have slats on the back. To pretty them up I plan to cut some satin table runners in half and sort of wrap them over the back hanging down. I'll then tie a lace sash around like you normally would.

This is the idea, but not as fancy.

 
My colors are navy & champagne with gold & pearl accents.  So,  the question becomes:

champagne satin with a navy lace overlay,



 or navy satin with a champagne lace overlay.
I also found one fabric that is sort of modern and has both colors (it’s in both pictures above). It  could be used either way, which is kind of cool. 

What do you think? Please let me know in the comments.  I'm torn!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Stars for the 4th of July

I decided to go with a theme of stars and to make my first shaker cards for the 4th. I found the small star shaker dies and the Paper Rose S...