Tuesday, August 4, 2020

The Best Laid Plans...

Well, I had thought to quit this blog since the wedding I was planning didn’t happen. Oh, we did get married! However, since the Woodford Inn closed without warning the day after Christmas, we decided to elope instead.  

As in any good relationship, it was a compromise.  I still wanted something special, not just a JOP/City Hall quickie.  Been there, done that.  

We had been planning a vacation to NYC anyway, so we agreed to have a nice private ceremony in Central Park: with a real wedding dress, photographer, carriage ride, & nice wedding luncheon.  A few family members talked about coming but it didn’t work out.

P


So, on October 1st, 2019, 2 women came up to my hotel room to do my hair & makeup; and I donned a gorgeous wedding gown of champagne lace.   We were picked up at the hotel in a fancy Lincoln Navigator, and at the edge of Central Park caught a pedicab to the Shakespeare Garden.  


The weather was gorgeous.  There were flowers blooming and butterflies galore.  Our Officiant and Photographer were wonderful & we had a lovely ceremony.  







Thank










We then took a carriage ride around the park ending at Tavern On The Green, were we had lunch.  The food was so-so, but the atmosphere and service were very nice. 



We spent a total of 8 nights in town, saw 5 shows, went to some museums, and ate great food.  What more could you ask for?  



















For us, it was perfect & we had a fantastic time.



So now, what to do with this blog? Well, I’ve begun a new crafting journey making greeting cards.  This includes paper crafting, stamping, heat embossing, painting, die cutting, pressure embossing, coloring, & a lot of artsy techniques that I’m just beginning to learn.  It’s a lot of fun.  

So I’m going to begin posting my projects & what I learn as I go along. Here is some of my preliminary efforts.  Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stars for the 4th of July

I decided to go with a theme of stars and to make my first shaker cards for the 4th. I found the small star shaker dies and the Paper Rose S...