Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Here’s my latest latest card.  I think I went a bit overboard with the techniques, but I’m having fun trying out new methods and combinations.  I’m actually pretty happy with the way it turned out. 



My idea was to combine some rustic features with some more elegant features for contrast.  

For the base I used watercolor paper, and created the background by sprinkling Dark Brown Brushos on the paper and misting it with water (you can’t see much of it, but I did the back too so it shows up there). 

For the mat I then took a wood grain embossing folder, ran medium tan ink lightly over the raised portion of the folder, then ran it through my Cuttlebug with tan cardstock.  I then cut it to size with a rectangular stitched die and ran a brown ink pad around the edges to keep the rustic look.  It would have probably looked better if I had gone down one size on the die.  Next time!

I used the Altenew Painted Flower stamp & die set to make the flowers, and another die to cut the corner flourishes out of cream shimmer paper. After die cutting 3 sets of the Happy Birthday and gluing them together, I heat embossed them with 3 layers of Lindy’s Stamp Gang Embossing Powder in Magic Moon Pearl.

To add a little extra texture, I added a few loops of burgundy and brown string.  The flowers were attached using foam dots 

I am entering this in 2 challenges: 

So here are some pictures of previous cards I’ve made.











Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stars for the 4th of July

I decided to go with a theme of stars and to make my first shaker cards for the 4th. I found the small star shaker dies and the Paper Rose S...