Monday, August 10, 2020

Happy Birthday Poppies

Here is the card I made for the Simon Says 8/3/20 Monday challenge. We were to make a birthday card.  

I recently received a set of poppy stamps and dies, so I wanted to use them. In addition, I’ve been wanting to try stamping with heat embossing.



I stamped the images with Ranger embossing ink on watercolor paper and embossed with Wow! white embossing powder.   I colored it with watercolor pens and added some green dot paper cut on my Maker.  Using a black Pentel roller ball I added the stitches on the paper and the black in the middle of the poppies. After adding the sentiment and some red & green pearls, I was done.

Not one of my favorite cards, but I learned a lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stars for the 4th of July

I decided to go with a theme of stars and to make my first shaker cards for the 4th. I found the small star shaker dies and the Paper Rose S...